Ireland, also knowns as Eire, is located in North-Western Europe. It is one of the richest, most developed and peaceful countries worldwide, ranking fifth in terms of per capita GDP and the Human Development Index, giving it one of the highest standard of living worldwide. The officially adopted languages are Irish and English. The two bigger, well known cities are the capital Dublin and Cork.


As a genuinely democratic country, it gives full freedom of speech, political and economic freedom, and high-grade education. Ireland’s economy is modern and well-developed, mostly focused on the services sector and the hi-tech. The country has the fastest growing population in Europe, with an annual growth rate of 2.5%. Eire is a member of the EU, the OECD, and the UN. Unlike the times past, Republic of Ireland attracts some 40-50 000 immigrants a year.


The tertiary education system in Ireland consists of universities, independent colleges, and technology institutes. Institutes offer not only technical and engineering specialties, but also a vast selection of programs such as hotel-keeping, medicine, pharmacy, etc.


Bachelor’s programs: 3-4 yrs.
Master’s programs: 1-2 yrs.
The application requirements are strictly individual for each university, with the Department of Education having also given every tertiary educational establishment complete freedom in terms of teaching methods. Master’s programs continue for 2 years.


Irish universities are an increasingly popular choice of international students, especially those hailing from Europe, who are eligible for discounts from their tuition. Out of nearly 44 000 students in Ireland – 94% are Europeans and Irish. Out of the remaining 6% of international students Americans and Asians are the most populous groups.


The most popular specialties among students in Ireland are design, law, business sciences, and humanities.


Some of the most esteemed tertiary educational establishments in Ireland are:

  • Trinity College Dublin(68мо място според QS World University Rankings® 2018)
  • University College Dublin(168мо място според QS World University Rankings® 2018)
  • Burren College of Art
  • Dublin Business School
  • The National University of Ireland (NUI) включващ University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland, Galway, University College Cork, и National University of Ireland, Maynooth.
  • The University of Limerick (UL)
  • Dublin City University (DCU)